Thursday, July 4, 2013

JBS Mercantile Kits for July | Lisa Dickinson

Hi JBS fans!  Today I wanted to share one of my layouts from the July Mercantile Papercrafting kit. It's filled with lots of Basic Grey's new line, Carte Postale which is perfect for documenting summer travel and outings. There's also lovely papers from Crate and My Mind's Eye, as well as two exclusive papers that I designed especially for the kits:


I adored the bold chevron kraft pattern from Crate Paper and knew it would be perfect for an outdoorsy layout about my son and his grandpa's fishing trip:


I used snippets of the Basic Grey ticket paper and some of their perforated stamps, as well as a tag and mini envelope to matte my photos.  I also tucked in some seal stamps (from the kit exclusive stamp set) that I imprinted on transparencies and punched out with a circle cutter.

The chevron stencil in the kit was perfect to add a tiny bit of detail on my background. I just traced the stencil using a fine tip Sharpie, adding a row of chevrons to each side of my photo.

My title is a combo of a die cut word (using the teal cardstock in the kit) and the Basic Grey Micro Mini Alpha stickers. I added a tiny bit of baker's twine and a little hand-cut fish to finish it off.

If you haven't grabbed a Papercrafting Kit yet, be sure to hop over to Mercantile and get yours.  The Artisan Add-On, Historian Add-On and Mini Album Kit (designed buy Jenni herself!) are still available and we'd love to see what you create with them!






 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Great papers!!! Love that layout, especially the paper fish on the twine line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page!! Love the brown chevron, that cute little fish with the twine and your design of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Lisa! Especially the little fish and 'line'.

    ReplyDelete