Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wild for JBS

Creating with the July JBS Mercantile kits has been one of the highlights of my summertime scrapbooking. I've already made several layouts with the papercrafting and antiquarian kits, and now I'm on to the mini-album kit:
This animalia-inspired kit will no doubt engender the creation of one of the cutest zoo-themed albums ever made, but I couldn't resist using it to put together a layout of some photos from a summertime vacation we took a few years back. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at Disney World, which was a splurge, but a worthwhile one, given the view from our balcony.
There are ten photos on this multi-photo layout, which seems like a large number, but that number accounts for maybe one percent of the photos that I actually took of the animals outside our hotel balcony. Every time I stepped outside the room, I ended up clicking away!
The mini-album kit includes the JBS Animal Trivia Deck, which contains a zebra card that immediately brought to my mind the memory of one particular zebra who frolicked and rolled in the grass happily, much to our amusement. The photos may be a little blurry, but sized down and arranged in a photo strip format, they capture the action and the moment. 
I lightly misted over the stencil from the kit, and backed the photo above with the resulting pattern. I also worked in a few sequins from the papercrafting kit.  The bits of yellow found throughout the layout help to temper the abundance of green in the photos. 

Thanks for stopping by today!  In case you missed it, Jenni shared some sneaks of the new line earlier this week. You can find them here. 

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you got 10 photos on here and it still doesn't look crowded! Love how you've used the Zebra card as the inspiration piece behind your layout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a way cool kit!!! love what you created with it!!!

    ReplyDelete