Friday, February 24, 2012

JBS Mercantile February Guest Diane Payne


Our Guest at JBS Mercantile this month was the lovely and talented Diane Payne.  We so enjoyed her work in the February gallery and thought you'd like to get to know her a little better.  Welcome to the Inspiraton Blog Diane!


Hi, I'm Diane Payne. I reside in Dallas, Texas with my wonderful husband, our two teenage children and two adorable dogs. When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, running, boating, photography, and looking for vintage treasures at flea markets. My favorite vintage find is my 1930's Underwood typewriter, which I use as decor and for journaling on my layouts.

I started scrapbooking in 1997, shortly after my daughter was born, and I enjoy it as much today as I did then. Although I love recording the details of our life, I enjoy the creative process of scrapbooking as much as the memory keeping. I scrapbook with a variety of photo styles including current, vintage and Hipstamatic prints. I love sharing my work with others and am thrilled to have the opportunity to guest design for JBS Mercantile this month.

Although I'm typically a layout girl I really love this card and treat jar I made with the Artisan kit. I love the bright colors and whimsical feeling of them.

This photo is far from being perfectly lit and composed but I love that I captured the emotion and joy of the moment. I smile every time I see this photo.

This is the calm before the creative storm in my crafting room. I store my tools out on the desk so they are easily accessible and smaller supplies in open baskets. If my supplies aren't easy to get to, I won't use them.

Find more of Diane's work on her blog and in her Etsy shop.
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Love Diane's work! She did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were our guest, Diane - you did incredible work - love love that wall hanging you made and all the pages were awesome! Thanks for your work!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your work Diane, and creating with this months JBS kit was no exception. Fabulous inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved all of your creations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, I'm so glad you joined us this month! I'm cracking up here looking at that pic of your scraproom, because it is the exact opposite of mine. Mine is a crazy mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana your gifts are awesome, I like the display of card, It is really simply cute.

    Plastic Card
    Discount card Printing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane! I loved all your projects this month! That IS a great photo - so real ! LOVE your neat scrapping space too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone! I loved joining in with the fun!

    ReplyDelete