Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Star Challenge!

Our challenge this week is to get inspired by this vintage ad that Michelle McCord has graciously provided for us from her stash. How does this ad inspire you? Will you do a monochromatic green color scheme to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Will you use it as the foundation for a sketch? Do the fonts draw you in? Will you scrap your favorite restaurant? Please share your inspiration with us in the customer gallery! Put "Sunday Star: Vintage Ad Challenge" in the comments section! We'll pick a winner on Sunday, March 20th and that winner will receive a $10 gift card to spend at JBS Mercantile. Happy Scrapping!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is too fun! We DID have a Green Parrot Restaurant in Rochester back in the '30s and '40s!!! This must mean I will need to accept this challenge.

    Hmmmm.... maybe I'll do a LO about my favorite restaurant in town these days ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm with an online vintage dress boutique called Shabby Apple (www.shabbyapple.com) and I adore your blog. Shabby Apple offers affordable, stylish attire perfect for a day at work or play, or a night on the town. We would love to partner with you and offer your readers a 10% off coupon as well as the opportunity to giveaway one of our dresses on your blog. Please check us out at www.shabbyapple.com and let me know if you are interested.

    I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

    Thanks,

    Heather Johnson
    hjohnson@shabbyapple.com

    ReplyDelete