Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tutorial: Mini-Envelope Album

Happy Tuesday!  This month's JBS Mercantile gallery features an envelope album that I created using papers from the Be My Guest line.  Today I'll show you just how easy it is to put together.  This version is just the right size to make a cozy home for JBS journaling cards.
Many of you may have machines to help you create your envelopes, and if that is the case, then you'll be able to complete this next step in minutes, but as for me, I used the "old school" method of tracing and cutting.  For the album above, I made six envelopes, but feel free to make as many as you wish.  The album above is horizontal, so I limited the number of envelopes used, but I'm sure it would look incredible hanging vertically as well, displaying a series of these interlocked envelopes.
I began by pulling apart a small envelope, tracing around it on a piece of cardstock, and resizing it so that its center was a little larger than the size of a journaling card.  I used the resulting template to create the rest of my envelopes.
After tracing and cutting my envelopes, I folded the flaps and straightened the creases with the help of a bone folder.  
The album itself is easy to assemble.  With the exception of one envelope (which will be your "lead" envelope), add glue to the top of each flap...
and affix the flap to the back of another envelope, creating a linked effect.  
Then turn your focus to the contents of each album: the journaling cards.  Have fun embellishing them using a variety of JBS accents, such as these Flag Banner stickers in red and black (which you can find in this month's JBS Mercantile kit),
a few printed tickets...
the new JBS acrylic stamps and Jenni Bowlin for Ranger dye ink...

and the new rub-ons...
These pockets can be filled with any number of little treasures!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you...this is so lovely with the new double-sided papers! Super Duper job, TFS.
    Craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! I love these:) Which of you lovely designers did this project?? Let yourself be known,please. Melissa(from the JBS crew)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jill, I didn't realize it showed who posted it underneath the post.....I am goofy:):) I loved this project!! Jenni and I were talking about how cute it was. Thanks for the inspiration. Blessings,Melissa

    ReplyDelete