Saturday, April 20, 2013

Interactive layouts with paper tapes


It's no secret that I love Washi tape so I was thrilled to get my hands on Jenni's new tapes! I have used tapes in a variety of ways on my scrapbook pages in the past and for this layout I wanted to try something I've not done before. I used bits and pieces from the April kits to create my "interactive" page.


I used the bleached woodgrain and double chevron Paper Tapes to attach the top sides of some pieces of patterned paper to my layout. I used the tape to create "hinges" so that the paper would be able to flip up and I could include my journaling/notes under the flaps. I did the same with the photo, so that it matched the page, although that piece does not flip up. I also created little tabs in the shape of banners with the tape to be used as taps to lift the flaps.


So that my page was balanced I used three strips of each tape around my page. I added a third tape, the sideways chevron, also three times to create more tabs and decoration.

Do you like to think of fun ways to use your tapes? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Have a great weekend :)
Amanda
Pin It!

2 comments: