Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Play Date Cafe, JBS, and of course, a little gold.

Hello lovelies!
This is Ashley today, sharing the page I made with the current colour story being offered over at the Play Date Cafe.

I am so seriously in love with the new Jenni Bowlin Studio book cover/page stamps, and combined with the amazing colour story from PDC, it was like scrapbooking magic when this page came together.

I used the entire set of new JBS stamps and couldn't resist my gold embossing powder, and combined them to create a custom background. I chose the stamps randomly and tried to keep them mostly lined up, but didn't fuss too much about perfection. I quickly stamped the entire 12x12 cardstock in Versamark, covered the entire page with gold embossing powder, and then heat embossed to set and bring out the shiny gold beauty. I am super impressed with the way these new images look embossed!

I used a piece of vintage sheet music and some JBS round cream/brown alpha stickers on the notes for the title. The creamy "lesson" JBS flat back was a PERFECT match for the PDC colour story and suited this photo of Summer Lily playing at band so well. I tucked one of the new JBS chipboard clocks behind the title block, so the flat back wouldn't look too lonely. ;)

I think this Grocers stamp is my favourite! Look at how amazing that beautiful scrollwork design looks embossed!





Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout Ashley!! I love your title work! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete