Monday, April 22, 2013

Paper Tape Frames

There are so many wonderful ways to use the new Jenni Bowlin Studio paper tapes, and all this week, we will be bringing you even more ideas for how to incorporate them in your projects. 
Bleached Woodgrain, Houndstooth,  Sage Lace,
Double Chevron,  Notebook Grid, Sideways Chevron 
One of my favorite ways to use the tapes is to mix them with patterned paper strips to create page borders, but I am also a fan of using them to create frames on layouts, as I have done here: 
With the Notebook Grid and Sideways Chevron tapes in hand, I tore off four longs strips of each to create two overlapping frames in the center of the layout. Within these frames, I assembled my photos, composed my journaling, and added accents. 
I inked the edges of a JBS Dictionary clear stamp (alternating between Spice Tin and Weather Vane inks, with a little red worked in here and there), and created an additional "frame" of sorts around the layout.
I added a few artsy touches in the form of some red and blue ink droplets as well as some stitched and misted hearts. In the midst of all of that color in motion, the frames help to stabilize the design. All in all, there are six "frame" layers in the layout: two paper tape frames, three stitched frames, and one stamped frame.
Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check back all this week for more ideas for using paper tape.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. ooh love how you stamped the frame..gorgeous layout! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of the paper tapes and the stamped border!! Also, love the detail of those misted hearts! Awesome layout!!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete