Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Photo Album Tutorial with Lisa Dickinson

Were your holidays a blur like mine? Were you scrambling at the last minute to finish shopping, baking, and wrapping? Despite my best efforts, some of my holiday projects always end up being sacrificed to the hustle and bustle of the season. But next year, I'm vowing to start earlier and try to fit everything in! And to kick off that resolution, I've come up with an album that I can assemble now and add photos and journaling to each month. Then, come December, the album will be complete and ready to give as a fabulous handmade gift.

If you want to join me in this project, here's what you'll need:
3-4 sheets of kraft cardstock
corrugated cardboard
gingham ribbon

Directions:
1. Adhere the Circle Calendar pages back to back (January to February, March to April, etc.)
2. Print the journal inserts (available as a downloadable template) on kraft cardstock. Cut out each tab and cover the back side with your choice of JBS paper.
3. Cut two large circles from corrugated cardboard (approx. 6.25" in diameter). Cover one side of each with JBS patterned paper.
4. Assemble your album in the correct page order, placing the journal tabs in front of the corresponding month.
5. Use a large binder clip on the right edge of your album to keep your pages together while you bind the left hand side.
6. Use a spiral book binder (or go to Office Max, like I did, and have them bind it!) to punch holes in the left side of the cover and insert a spiral coil.
7. Adorn your cover as desired.
Each month, print a few of your favorite monthly photos to adhere to the calendar page. I printed mine approximately 2x3". Add some journaling about the month on the journal insert and you'll soon have a completed album!
You can even download the insert template HERE.

Lisa pretty much rocks, doesn't she?
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. oh that's a great idea! esp to have it ready and give it as a gift at the end of the year! fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and the project kit one too. I made a little hanging calendar last year using the JB 2009 pages, and turned it into a minibook w/photos and journaling(made it a goal to use a whole-family pic for each month---I am NEVER usually in the photos so this was a great goal for me!). In fact I was just getting on the site to order the 2010 set! :) Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete