Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to the JBS Team Danielle Flanders!!!

We are oh so excited to announce that Danielle Flanders is joining the JBS Mercantile team! Her lovely work will appear in the guest window of the gallery this month and then she'll have a spot all her own starting in March! I can't wait!

Hi, my name is Danielle Flanders and I currently live near Saratoga Springs, NY (home of the famous Saratoga Horse Racing Track) with my husband of 10 years and our 2 daughters, Taylor who is 10 and Kati is 4. I grew up in South Dakota and still consider myself a midwest girl at heart and miss the wide open spaces and slower pace. I do hope to move back some day! My style is somewhat girly and shabby, but yet with clean lines and color. Buttons, ribbons, stitching and the color pink are my addictions when it comes to scrapbooking! I guess that’s what happens when you have two daughters. Let’s see, what else…I have a degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology and also a K-8 elementary teaching degree, however I stay at home with my girls right now and love every minute I get to spend with them. My creative time seems to be late at night after it’s quiet…I’m definitely a night owl. I’m so thrilled to be joining the Jenni Bowlin team and amazing talent she has here!

I used to scrap in my dining room to be close to my family, but became sick of the mess and growing stash of scrapbooking supplies. Now I have a little desk set up in our basement and love to be able to have everything out and at my fingertips! I’m a VERY messy scrapper! It’s definitely a work in progress and I hope to get more shelving soon. I’m lucky to have a storage room nearby, so I have many things stored in there as well.

This is one of my all-time favorite photos. My husband works an hour away from home, so the girls are excited to see him when he gets home at the end of the day. I caught this one day when he had just gotten back from his commute.

I just received a new sewing machine and had to make a layout about it, because I love it so much. It says, “Sew many….stitches, so little time! I love my new Singer, it has 67 more stitches than my last machine! 1/10” I used one of the new stitch functions to create a border on the white and yellow paper. Jenni Bowlin supplies used: Chipboard heart, chipboard buttons, rub on circle, paper, sticker letters, star sticker, journaling sheet, ruler sticker. Other: doilies, twine, needle, machine stitching, black floss, Sweet Clover Glimmer Mist.

Welcome to the team Danielle! We're simply delighted to have you here!
P.S. Danielle says she gets those sweet doillies in the baking section at A.C. Moore. I had to ask her, because I think they're really cool. Oh hey! We should talk Jenni into getting them for a kit . . .
Pin It!

25 comments:

  1. Big CONGRATULATIONS Dani!!! A perfect addition to an AMAZING team!
    xoxo
    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your work Dani...I have been a fan of you for a long time and soooo glad that you are joining the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE Congrats girl .. PERFECT FIT ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO, Dani!! So happy for you, you're a perfect fit to this fabulous team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, Danielle!! What a PERFECT fit! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a fan and following Danielle for a while. I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations and I can't wait to see what you do for JBS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! welcome to the team danielle! you will love it here...everyone is so sweet and amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are SO lucky to have you! i know you'll make the products shine danielle. you already know how much i adore your work. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle, you are one of my favorite scrapbook artists. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Jenni. Woo-hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle....Congrats!! Now I can say I "know" two of Jenni's team members!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrat congrats congrats!!! can't wait to see you work your magic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! This is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh how fabulous!! What a perfect choice! Dani's work is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to "meet" you! I know you are going to be a perfect choice from what I see here. Love it.Your workspace sure doesn't look like a messy scrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I adore Dani! What a great addition to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  16. welcome danielle! you do know that your initiation to the JBS team means you must share your doilies with all of us, right?!? :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you, everyone! i am super excited to be here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm a little late, but i just have to say that i'm thrilled that you are part of the team danielle! welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats dani!!! what a fabulous asset to Jenni's team

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Dani, you are perfect for the JBS team!! I adore your work, you are one of my favorite artists!! Good for you girl!

    ReplyDelete