Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome to the Team Wilna!

We are oh so excited to announce that Wilna Furstenberg is joining the JBS Mercantile team! Her work will be appearing here on the Inspiration Blog and in the kit club gallery each month! Hooray! Welcome to the team Wilna!


My name is Wilna Furstenberg. Jenni and I met in Nashville a couple years back. I remembered how I scared her about the Lions in South Africa. And she still asked me to be on her design team. See? Miracles still happen. : ) Let me tell you some of my story. I grew up in South Africa, in 1991 I met and married Jaco who is still my heartbeat. When we got married, he was second year med school and shortly after that I decided to go to University too (he was having way too much fun) and we both graduated in 1996: he in medicine and me in fine arts. In 1997 we had our first girl, Tia. Even today we wonder what we did to deserve such a sweet child. Of course I tell my husband she takes after me. His response to that remark was not very gentlemanly (which just proves my point). Anyway, in 1999 Kirstin was born. She is the organizer and fashionista in the house. She also has the sunniest personality ever. Jana (from our names JAco and wilNA) is our last born. I think if I was not as strong willed as I am, Jana would have her own Credit card and cell phone. Yes, I said no. Lots of times. In 2005 we moved to Canada. I joked about our coming to Canada to all my friends: the only reason I am coming is to win the scrapbooking hall of fame. And in 2006 I won HOF. After that I have just been making pages and enjoying the journey. We live in Saskatchewan: it really gets very cold here (-40 degrees celsius). Jana learnt early on not to lick the fence when it's that cold. In April this year we got a Mini schnauzer. We all totally adore him and his name is Mac. Just because I love mac computers. Very, very much. A last few facts about me: I homeschool our girls. It's one of the best things I ever decided to do...i love it! I love coffee and right now I am not having any because I read this book that told me how bad coffee is for you. I hate that book. I also love cookies... same thing... same book, now I even like the book less. I am so happy that we dont have to eat scrapbook papers! We can just enjoy it by being creative! Well, after all this rambling I am really happy to be a part of this awesome design team. I *heart* Jenni Bowlin. Can I hear some amens?

This is one of those heavenly places for me. It's where i am creative and find solitude. I listen and learn here. I meditate and read. And Scrapbook: paper and digital. A lot! A few things that's essential for me: Water, light and music. That's all I need when I get busy. You can see all the pictures here: My Creative Studio.

This is my favourite picture for 2009. I love the bokeh. I love that you can see the snow falling. I love that they are wearing the hats their grandma knitted them. I love the different expressions on each lovely face. But most of all I love the hands. So intertwined. Happiness weaved together. love.

This is my first page of 2010. My word for this year is Butterfly. when I think of 2010 I find myself thinking of the idea of breaking free. For so many years my weight has been an issue in my life. It's like a mirage that's on the horizon calling to me but when I come close it disappear. I woke up one day In November and I realized the only person that can chance the nagging feeling in the back of my head 24 hours a day is me. The good news is that I don't have to do it alone: God is with me! I am allowing myself this year to get back on track. Actually my 2010 new year's resolution started that day in November and I can see some changes already... i celebrate each little achievement. I am absolutely persuaded that this year will see me coming out of my cocoon. And it's not just about loosing the pounds... it's about me caring for my family by giving them food that loves them back. Starting new habits that celebrate me. Drawing near to life with a zest. Being bold to proclaim the goodness of God to all the world. The Word that's for 2010 is: Ephesians 1: 17 I desire that your knowledge of the Father will be undiluted, that you will draw directly from the source; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ imparts the spirit of wisdom to you in the unveiling of His Master Plan (glory.) I pray that your thoughts will be flooded with light and revelation knowledge; that you will clearly picture His intent in identifying you in Him so that you may know how precious you are to Him. The saints are His treasure and the glorious trophy of His portion! (We are God's assets and the measure of His wealth!)!
Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. What a perfect addition to the team! Wilna rocks my world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wilna! I agree, what a perfect addition to the design team! I can't wait to see all of her wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Wilna. You are such a beautiful soul - and such a perfect addition to the team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wonderful! Congrats Wilna. Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Wilna, your work is beautiful! Love your scraproom, wish I had a space like that, and wow...what a cute photo! I can see why you love it! I'm excited to see what else you will create!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. well this was a lovely surprise this morning!!!! Can't wait to see even more of your work Wilna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome wilna! your work is amazing & I can't wait to see how you'll inspire us all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're AWESOME wilna!!!
    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen to that!
    Love your layout and unique word-of-the-year pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful news! Can't wait to see WF work her magic with the JB classics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you and the journey God will lead you on this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! i looove Wilna! everything she touches turns to gold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wilna, you are amazing. and i LOVE LOVE LOVE your art space! (totally jealous!)
    and that you lived in south africa! i totally didn't know that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your butterfly layout...gorgeous. so glad you are a part of JBS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen!
    I am so glad to "meet" you because for just one thing I love cookies and coffee, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Wilna! I'm already a huge fan of yours - and this pairing with Jenni Bowlin seems perfect for you! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete