Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Guest Star Laura Buckingham!

Hi, I am a 20(something) scrapper, I live and work in London, in the UK and I am a paper fiend. Patterned paper is my weakness so I like to use a lot on my pages (I also like to buy it and stack it in messy piles in my room, but that's another story) ... I love to layer and I always handwrite my journalling. For this layout I decided to de-construction the die-cut patterend paper...I carefully snipped out the inside pattern ... and then I chopped the remaining border into four pieces so that I could carefully remove about an inch from each side and then stick the border onto my background recreating the border but in a smaller size. Then I could play with the remaining pieces on the inside of the space that I created!

The red and black colourway totally rocked and works so well with black and white photos, only 3 months ago I got married {heart} and I still have A LOT of scrapping to do on that event, so this was the perfect opportunity, and the perfect papers to scrap some cute black and white photostrips from the booth that featured at our reception. Everyone loved the booth (especially the scrapbookers in attendance!) so I have around 100 of these strips to get scrapped! I love the funny faces that friends and family pulled in the booth, everyone got right into the photo spirit!

What a lovely layout and absolutely delightful wedding reception idea! Thanks for the inspiration Laura! You can see more of Laura's work and ideas on her blog, "Lazy Dynamics."
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! So fun to see Laura featured here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific page, Laura! I love those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin got married this past Aug. and had a photo booth at her reception. It was the BEST! So glad you got to have one at your reception too. And you got a fabulous layout out of some of the pics too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Laura, this layout is just fab !!! love how you have used all the photos on one page. xxx

    ReplyDelete