Sunday, December 26, 2010

Guest Star Peg Dein!

It's Becky here, posting on behalf of my Mom, who is the JBS guest designer today! Mom was critically injured in a car accident 25 years ago and suffered a brain injury that took away most of her ability to speak and the use of her right hand, which was her primary hand. In spite of all that she has lost, she remains one of the most positive people I know. She inspires me constantly with her positive outlook on life. She lets nothing stop her from living a full life. She continues to scrapbook, with only one hand and it's not her primary hand! I don't know how she does it, but she does. She pumps out filled scrapbooks, year after year. What I love is that she finds such joy in scrapbooking all of our family memories.

Since she creates her pages just for us, she finds her inspiration from scrapbook magazines as well as right here on the JBS inspo blog and site. I think she is like many scrapbookers who find joy in documenting their families lives, but don't feel the need to "design" their own pages, when there are many ideas available in magazines and online. For those of us who work in the scrapbooking industry, this is a good thing. I love to look through Mom's scrapbook magazines and see the pages she has marked to use as inspiration. Sometimes, she even marks my pages!

I thought it would be fun to set a pile of my recent pages in front of her and let her use her JBS kit to create a page. She picked a page and set to work...and her page actually looks quite a bit different than my original page! We sat at my dining room table and scrapbooked together and had a wonderful afternoon! I made a page using the current JBS kit. Don't forget for updates on the JBS site on the 10th of every month!


I think my Mom is a huge inspiration and I thought some of you might think so too!


Pin It!

26 comments:

  1. yup, I do! Love both pages actually ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I can't even begin to tell you how inspiring this post is. Tell your mom I love her! And I love her page. The banners are incredible! I'm bookmarking this post for those days i need to read it again - ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful post. It's incredibly heart-warming. I love the way the banners are used on the page -- charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page! I just recently injured my non domant hand and have still been struggling...your Mom is amazing! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layouts, beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inspiration you are peg!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These LO's are simply darling! I'm sorry about your mom's accident. I love her determination. Thank you for writing this :D Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspiration you are Peg! Your layout is beautiful!
    Thanks for the reminder that we need to find joy in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply fabulous! So inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I not only love the inspirational story of your mum being such an over-comer, but I love the way you honour her and lift her up! Her scrapping rock!! even more so that she has completed the LO's as a un-natural lefty!! woot woo Peg!!
    luv Renee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful pages and a beautiful story. She's so inspirational! It's so wonderful that you both share this incredible hobby together too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a wonderful post....loving both layouts:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute and special Mom you have! Her layouts are fantastic! She made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, like mother, like daughter! How wonderful to have someone you love to create with and what an inspiration. Thank you for sharing Becky and Peg! Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! what an inspiration to us all! Thanks for sharing this with us Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of your pages are gorgeous! It's wonderful that you can scrapbook together! I wish my mom were closer, so we could do that too. Enjoy your time together!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful page by an inspiring lady! thanks for sharing your mom's talent and story with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. these pages are so beautiful peg! what an inspiration you and becky are to us all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love this whole post...what a sweet and thoughtful lady your mom is as well as a great scrapbooker!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous...so cool to meet you, Peg!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an incredible story and what an inspiring woman your mom is! You are both lucky to have each other and it's so sweet to see the love that you share for each other. I love the sweet banners on your page Peg. You are an inspiration to us, and a phenomenal human being!
    Ranjini

    ReplyDelete
  23. your mom is amazing becky!
    she is such a sweet lady!
    she has the most incredible smile
    and a contagious spirit about her!
    love BOTH pages!!!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  24. You and your Mom did such a wonderful job creating. What a great bonding time. My Mom was ill for many yrs from strokes so your Mom's story was very touching. TFS. Wish you all well in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. After reading the post, I was amazed and inspired by your Mom's layout...Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete