Friday, December 10, 2010

Flea Market Friday: Glass Ornaments




IMG_1355
One of my favorite collections of vintage items is my glass Christmas ornaments. I received a small box of them from my grandmother and have added to the assortment over the years with flea market and antique store finds. The delicate nature and soft colors of these little treasures is just so appealing!
IMG_1361
In order to show off their details, I hang my ornaments on a simple twig tree, mixing in some more modern glass balls for color. The pewter water pitcher also belonged to my grandmother.
IMG_1351
I love to imagine the Christmases past that these ornaments have been a part of! It's a tangible way to link the holiday celebrations through the generations.
IMG_1352

IMG_1350

IMG_1353
Do you have a favorite collection that reminds you of Christmases long ago? Take some time to enjoy it with a cup of cocoa today!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. I love how you put it on the special twig tree to add attention to the very special ornaments on there...Thanks for sharing such a neat idea and tradition.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love these. i have a few from my grandmother too. (and i looooooove the lighting in your pictures). doris

    ReplyDelete