Monday, December 6, 2010

Tutorial

Today I have a few tips for making a background similar to this one. First off, when your December Papercrafting Kit arrives, don't throw away the product packaging from the Studio Calico Pinwheels. The plastic circles make an excellent paint stamp!

I started out by applying some gesso as a foundation for my design area. Next I opened up my Soap Powder Paint Dabber, used my fingers to spread the paint over the plastic circles, then carefully stamped them across the bottom of my gessoed area. The circles stood out a little more than I wanted them to, so I added a little gesso over them. Of course, I was too impatient to wait until the paint had dried, so it smudged a little, but I like the messy look. :)

Next I used Fountain Pen Re-inker to make a mist. I put 10 drops in my Mini-Mister and then filled it halfway with tap water. Once again I was impatient and misted before the gesso was completely dry. This resulted in a more blended look in the wet patches. Cool!

I did wait till everything was dry to do my embellishing and journaling. Oh! and I am pleased to report that I finally used one of our new ink pads, Fountain Pen again, for actual stamping. Two thumbs way up! I had so much fun playing with inky painty mediums on this one. You should give it a try!








Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. One of your best pages. Really like the paint! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I take that back...I just saw your Santa Baby LO and I like that one the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, so glad to have just found this blog! SO many things to look at on the computer, but this is one I will enjoy immensely! Thanks for the inspiration and I look forward to Many More Mercantile Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!!! Makes me want to cover the counter and just start playing!!!!

    ReplyDelete