Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fiskars + JBS Mercantile

This month we are excited to be teaming up with Fiskars! We'll be highlighting some of their cool tools on the blog and showing you how they work with our Mercantile kits.

I am personally enamored with the Fiskars Easy Stamp Press. This handy tool is simple to use and for messy, clumsy stampers like myself it is a must-have! I used it to apply this month's kit stamp - the wonderful ink splatters - on this layout:


Using the station is simple - just apply your acrylic stamp to the underside of the block and ink it up.

Then flip the block over, line the stamp up where you want it to go, and press down to stamp the image. The orange sponge corners compress and allow you to imprint the stamp exactly where you want it!


It's so easy and precise and I know this tool is going to make me a better (and more frequent!) stamper.  It takes the guesswork out of stamping and makes it practically foolproof.


Doesn't that stamped image really look like ink droplets?! And without all the mess of the real thing!

I also received some of the fabulous Interchangeable Border Punches from Fiskars, with interchangeable, space-saving cartridges that easily pop into the base:

I used The Stars Aligned punch to add a detailed border to this layout, which also used the new Historian add-on that's perfect for Project Life:



These punches create clean, detailed borders in no time flat. And the remaining negative shapes  make perfect confetti for sprinkling about your page:


Thanks so much to Fiskars for letting us play with these fabulous tools! And be sure and check back here often to see more fun projects and tutorials from the design team!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. awesome stamping on the top layout! Love the page design, too. The punched star border and little bit of star confetti is a super fun touch on the second page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked my Fiskar stamper thing until my sis stepped on it. But she wouldn't have stepped on it if I hadn't had it on the floor. I'm much better at stamping even now though so I didn't replace it. It was a must have when I first started stamping though!

    ReplyDelete