Sunday, June 2, 2013

Getting summer with my JBS stash

Hi everyone!
A few days ago I felt inspired by the beautiful weather I believe we will have someday (after a week of thunderstorms, I am holding out hope we will see the sun eventually!) and a trip to the antique market to put together a kit of my favourite Jenni Bowlin Studio products that inspired me and made me feel ready for summer.

Here is a little video tour of my DIY JBS kit, plus a sneak of the layout I just couldn't wait to get started on! See the full layout below. 

This photo is of a rare moment in which the Very Busy Ruby Sky climbed up on top of me for a fast cuddle before she was off again. Thank goodness for handy iPhones so I could grab photo evidence of this fleeting moment! She is as sweet as anything, but cheap with the lovies. :)
I was having a really hard time getting the bones of this layout down until in a moment of confusion I accidentally put down the "family sewing machine paper" sideways, and I totally loved it! It transformed this awesome paper into something that I couldn't help but be drawn to, to read the labels, to a fun graphic paper that resembles stripes. After that, the rest pretty much fell into place! 

I love these little 4x4 JBS papers (either from the individual pads or from the newer cut-apart sheets). They are so perfect for laying and tucking under bits.

I glittered up one of the vintage millinery leaves that came in the March Jenni Bowlin Mercantile kit, with some fine grain German glass glitter. I arranged them on pleated vintage satin ribbon along with a JBS feather tag and a JBS rhinestone bow. 

I love using these oversized single JBS rub-ons for layering! They add just the right amount of interest to a page without taking it over. And this JBS chipboard star done up in heat embossed silver glitter looks great on top of the silver rub-on.

Love these gold numeral crown rub-ons!!!

One of my favourite part of Jenni's Mercantile kits are the amazing exclusive stencils/masks she includes every month! (Ok, so pretty much the whole kit is my favourite part, but I really do love and use those masks SO much). 

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Yes, the background paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh Ashley - how do you do it?! your work is so free flowing, but yet it appears that everything is placed with a purpose. i just love this beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your diy kit!!! What an awesome idea! Super beautiful layout, too...love the softness of it! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! Love this to bits! Thanks for the insight into your amazing DIY kit. So inspired right now :-)

    ReplyDelete