Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Plenty more JBS and Elle's Studio to come...

It's Natalie here with you today. We've had so much fun over the last week of our partnership with JBS and Elle's Studio that we've decided to extend the celebrations a bit longer. Hurrah! I know I personally couldn't get enough of working with all these fabulous products - as this barrage of projects will attest to!!


It was really easy to combine these two lines. Both the Cameron collection from Elle's Studio and our own Modern Mercantile collection have a lot of similar colours in them, whilst being quite different in theme. Cameron is a great line for scrapping boy photos so I couldn't get by without using this cute picture of my nephew.


I love the mix of bright fresh colours with a hint of vintage! On this first layout I introduced even more boy elements by including a JBS Silhouette card and one of the Reader Flatbacks.


My second layout is about the time my husband, my brother and his girlfriend went to a Home Innovation show and met Kevin McCloud (author and the host of Grand Designs) because they're all big fans. Given the theme of the layout I just knew the Blueprint paper from the JBS Wren collection would be a perfect background which gave me a lovely bright base for my layout. So as not to overwhelm the page with lots of other colours I focused on the blue and kraft tags from Elle's Studio.


One of the best things about these Alterable Alphas from JBS is that they take colour so well. I painted a few brushstrokes of red ink onto them to match the red highlights on my layout.


For my third layout I couldn't resist starting with the yellow Elle's Studio paper and then building up lots of the JBS Red Label Strip Stickers under my photo. It gives such a great contrast of colours! I also used the negatives from the sticker-sheet to give the impression of even more layers.


This is another photo of my nephew, but this time a bit more grown-up and meeting his sister for the first time. The JBS Plastic Ribbon was the perfect finishing touch don't you think?


I used the same Plastic Ribbon on this card I made. It reminds me of the store-bought cards that often include a badge or award stuck up in the corner like this. I had so much Elle's Studio goodness left over that I decorated the inside of the card too!


Watch out for even more JBS and Elle's Studio projects to appear on the blog over the next few days. And don't forget to check out the Elle's Studio blog for even more inspiration from their amazing Design Team.

Happy Scrapping!
Photobucket
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. These are all awesome, Natalie, but I think my favorite tiny detail is on the first layout, the Elle's Studio pie chart cut-out, topped with the JBS flatback...very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh these pages are just fabulous!!!!! Going to pin them! Thanks Natalie!

    ReplyDelete